The Bible Bowl is a competition between teams (often representing local congregations) over knowledge from a pre-determined section of the Bible.
Our objective is to provide a platform for local congregations and the Body of Christ to demonstrate their knowledge. Specifically, competition will give team members an opportunity to enhance communication skills while promoting a cooperative team spirit. The Bible Bowl will also serve as a motivating factor for genuine and systematic study of the Bible.
Registration Deadline: February 18th Cancellation Deadline: April 18th
* Each team can have from two (2) to six (6) participants.
* There will be four (4) categories from the King James Version Bible. Categories are as follows:
A - Multiple Choice
B - True or False
C - Fill in the Blank (1 word only)
D - Scripture Locations/ Timelines
* After the host reads the question, each team will have 30 seconds to come up with the correct answer.
* Each team will have an appointed representative who will ring their buzzer.
* The first team to ring their buzzer within the 30 second time frame will answer the question.
* If the question is answered correctly the team will score 20 points.
* If the question is incorrect the team will not score any points and the remaining teams will be given the opportunity to score 20 points. The question will be read a second time with the remaining seconds on the timer.
* If no team attempts to answer the question within the 30 second time frame the correct answer will be revealed without any points or penalty.
* There will be 3 initial rounds with 12 questions containing 3 questions per category. .
* The 2 teams with the highest scores after the 3 rounds will compete in a 3-question playoff round for the 1st and 2nd Place Best of the Best Community Bible Bowl Championship Title.
* There will be alternative/tie breaker questions available if needed. These will be random questions from 1 or more of the designated categories.
* All questions will be read as well as displayed on the monitor. There will be two meditators/judges to oversee the bible bowl.
* All participants must maintain order in the House of God.
* Please bring your knowledge and excitement to the game!